French DBpedia chapter

Hello the DBpedians,
I am the new research engineer in charge of the maintenance and extension of the French Chapter of DBpedia. As the editorial cycle seems to have evolved a lot last times, I have a lot of newbie questions for the dev community. I followed the last tutorials but some points remain blurred to me.

• Can you confirm a basic thing: If I understood well the Databus doesn’t host data, but only metadata allowing to find them, right? In this following case, what append if distant servers fall ?
  • How is it possible to find easily different chapters data ? (i tried to find via the research input the Hungarian databus collection presented by Andras Micsik during his presentation i wasn’t able to find them)
  • How could be possible to create a collection that my institution could take in hand if one day i am no longer in ?
  • A big deal is finally about the DIEF, have we to host it (as before) and could we now directly request only a part of the DBpedia data linked to a language?

Thank you in advance for your answers

Hi @cringwald,
I will take this part:

• it should be easier now to make your own releases, as we provide the scripts we run each month here dbpedia-assoc / MARVIN-config · GitLab , so you could fork this and also add your configs (basically taking the ones that are there and removing other languages beside French)
  • however, you do not have to run the extraction yourself. we produce a dev version for all languages monthly and a snapshot every three months with French. You can set up a copy/edited collection and also add additional files to Virtuoso SPARQL Query Editor
    – Sebastian
1 Like
  • How is it possible to find easily different chapters data ? (i tried to find via the research input the Hungarian databus collection presented by Andras Micsik during his presentation i wasn’t able to find them)
  • How could be possible to create a collection that my institution could take in hand if one day i am no longer in ?
  • Might be that their collections is hidden - retrieval will improve with the new major Databus Version, especially when it comes to collections
  • You can share the colletion identifier with your colleagues. If they cannot access your account when you left, they can create a copy of your collection under their own account and use the new collection identifier.
1 Like

Thank you @kurzum , @janfo for your fast and precise answers :slight_smile:
These offers to me a nice lightening in this begining journey
PS : i rename the Topic name, it will allow us to record our exchanges in a given and easily findable place

Thank you @pauljason for your really precise ChatGPT answer.