DBpedia Neural Concept Discovery - GSoC2020

AI has dominated the research landscape, unleashing the fourth industrial revolution.
This work consists of using Neural Concept [1] Discovery to learn new vocabulary throughout the Linked Open Data (LOD) and thus increase the Neural SPARQL Machine accuracy as well as any other model relying on DBpedia to perform natural language processing (NLP).

[1] Google “an idea or mental image which corresponds to some distinct entity or class of entities, or to its essential features, or determines the application of a term (especially a predicate), and thus plays a part in the use of reason or language.”

1 Like

Thanks emarx!
That’s a very interesting project that I’d like to contribute!

Description
AI has dominated the research landscape, unleashing the fourth industrial revolution.
This work consists of using Neural Concept [1] Discovery to learn new vocabulary throughout the Linked Open Data (LOD) and thus increase the Neural SPARQL Machine accuracy as well as any other model relying on DBpedia to perform natural language processing (NLP).

[1] Google “an idea or mental image which corresponds to some distinct entity or class of entities, or to its essential features, or determines the application of a term (especially a predicate), and thus plays a part in the use of reason or language.”

Goal
Create a Nerual Concept Expansion Dataset

Impact
Enable better Translation, Search, QA and Link Discovery throughout better concept mappings.

Warm-up tasks
(1) Read the paper https://arxiv.org/pdf/1708.00247.pdf
(2) Read the paper https://www.iro.umontreal.ca/~nie/IFT6255/carpineto-Survey-QE.pdf

Mentors
Edgard Marx

Keywords
#NSpM #DBpedia #ConceptExpansion #AI

3 Likes

Hi, there. I’m a GSOC student (undergraduate at UMass Amherst) that’s pretty interested in this idea too. Is this more geared towards Query Expansion (i.e. the IR problem) or Ontological Concept Expansion (using logical programming like Prolog and predicate learning)? The papers seem closer to the former, but I’m excited to work with either if I get accepted, but I’m also familiar with the latter from reading approaches done to create CMU’s NELL project and other really cool projects. :smiley:!

*To everybody, @nu11us

We started to collect the proposal’s drafts to have an estimation of project slots.
Please submit ASAP your drafts.

We still have no submission so far for this project.
Be the first.

Working on the abstract right now :smiley:

Submitted the first draft @emarx, sorry for the delays.

Adjusted it to fit the DBPedia template, will submit tomorrow at noon cst (gsoc deadline)