Training a Model for Neural Question Answering over DBpedia - GSoC 2023

Sir… I have revised the proposal based on suggestions of mentors. Request you to check.
Sir, what should I mention in the size of this project while submitting in GSoC portal: 175 or 350 hours?

This project can be either 175 or 300 hours, up to the candidate to decide.

Right Sir… Thanks a lot.

Hello @tsoru , @sauravjoshi23 , I am Shreyasi Mandal , a 3rd-year undergraduate student in the Computer Science and Engineering Department at the Indian Institute of Technology, Kanpur. Having previously worked at IBM Research in “Integration of Textual Resources to improve Knowledge Base Question Answering” and currently working on creation of knowledge graph for legal data, this project caught my interest.

Fig: Legal KG

At IBM Research, I built an end-to-end NSQA (Neuro-Symbolic Question Answering) pipeline to facilitate the identification of KB failure using a semantic parsing approach transforming NL questions to 𝝀-expression from AMR representation.

I have finished the warmup tasks.

However, I faced a conflicting dependencies problem when I tried to install the dependencies provided in requirements.txt (I am using python version 3.7.0 on macOS Ventura 13.2.1) -

ERROR: Cannot install -r requirements.txt (line 21), -r requirements.txt (line 22) and absl-py==0.9.0 because these package versions have conflicting dependencies.

It worked fine after I removed the package versions.

I am working on my project proposal; I will share it soon :blush:

Thank you!

Hi @shreyasi2002, sounds great! looking forward to your proposal

@sauravjoshi23 Sir… I have revised the proposal based on your inputs and shared in edit mode. Request you to check please. https://docs.google.com/document/d/11VLNwHbqhHK4J9DlpXACoGhONgEf6hF6RDfmks3sOQ4/edit?usp=sharing

Thanks a lot for all the guidance and time.

Hello, Mentor @tsoru
I am Chongyuan Sun, a master student at the Hong Kong Polytechnic University. I am new to the open source community, but I want to contribute to the community.
My major is Information Technology. I am interested in natural language processing; I have completed a social media-based sentiment analysis platform to analyze data collected from social media through natural language processing; I have also completed a Bert-based sentiment classification task; and now, I am building a Q&A system based on the SQUAD dataset;
I’m sorry I’m a little late to the party and I’ll try to make up for it; can you provide me with some advice? Thank you for your time!

Hi @Scy, please prepare and submit a project proposal on the lines of this example of a successful one and invite me (mommi84 at gmail dot com) as an editor. I doubt we mentors will be able to leave you a feedback before 6pm UTC, but we will attempt.

Dear mentors, quick question regarding final submission:
Do we just leave the final version of the shared doc as-is to be considered as the official submission or there’s a link for submissions?

Regards,

The final submission must be made via the GSoC platform: https://summerofcode.withgoogle.com/

@tsoru Sir and @sauravjoshi23 Sir… I have submitted the proposal in GSoC portal …keenly looking forward to contribute to the project.

Hello Sir,
I am Rahul Maity a masters student from Inida. This project caught my eye and I have been planning to apply for GSoc next year. Will the same project be available next year?

Hi @rahul_m and welcome!

We are still debating whether the Neural QA project will be available next year, so I am afraid I do not have an answer to that.

In the following days, we will publish a list of potential projects at the following address. The page does not exist yet, but will be filled with our project ideas. Please check back later!

https://forum.dbpedia.org/tag/gsoc2024-ideas