Need Urgent Help with High-End Server Issues Impacting Work!

Hey everyone,

I’m in a bit of a bind and could really use some advice from the community. We’re currently experiencing major issues with our high-end server setup that’s starting to impact our work significantly.

Here’s the situation:

1. Server Type and Specs: We are using a high-end server with the following specifications:
  • Dual Intel Xeon processors
  • 512GB RAM
  • Multiple SSDs configured in RAID 10
  • Running on a Linux-based OS
  1. Current Issues:
  • Performance Degradation: Over the past few weeks, we’ve noticed a significant drop in server performance. Tasks that used to take minutes are now taking hours.
  • Frequent Crashes: The server is crashing more frequently, often without clear error messages or logs that point to a specific issue.
  • High Resource Utilization: CPU and memory usage are consistently high, even during periods of low demand.
  1. Impact:
  • Downtime: Our team is facing downtime almost daily, which is severely affecting productivity and project timelines.
  • Data Integrity: We’re worried about the potential for data corruption or loss due to the frequent crashes.
  1. Steps Taken So Far:
  • Diagnostics: We’ve run multiple diagnostics tools, but the results are inconclusive. No clear hardware faults detected.
  • Updates: Ensured all software and firmware are up to date.
  • Consultation: Consulted with our IT team, but we’re still struggling to identify the root cause.

I’m reaching out to see if anyone has experienced similar issues with high-end servers or has any insights on potential solutions. Here are a few specific questions I have:

• Performance Troubleshooting: What tools or methods have you found effective for diagnosing and resolving performance issues on high-end servers?
  • Crash Logs: How can we better interpret crash logs to pinpoint the issue? Are there specific logs or error codes we should be looking for?
  • Resource Management: Any tips on managing and optimizing resource usage to prevent high CPU and memory usage?

I really appreciate any advice or suggestions you can offer. This issue is critical, and resolving it as soon as possible is essential for our operations.

Thanks in advance for your help!