🤖 A Neural QA Model for DBpedia: Compositionality - GSoC2020

It’s no longer a problem, I’ve created a VM Linux and it works well :wink:

Sounds Good, keep us posted as you progress.

Hello, I’m wondering if you have gone any deeper for this project after the last year of GSOC as mentioned in Anand’s blog?

Hi @baizydl,

We did have multiple discussions after the GSoC period ended, some of the discussed points have been added to the ideas section in the topic description mentioned above.

Thanks, @panchbhai1969. I will try to work on my first draft of proposal. By the way, do we need to merge any Pull Request to be a candidate?

Sure, do share the draft proposal with us (Recommended platform: Google Docs, share with us privately).

As far as pull requests and merges are concerned, its not compulsory. But we do encourage you to interact with the code and create pull request for small issues, if you come across any.

Hi, is this project and another one named “Multilingual Neural QA” same ?

Hi @nikhit ,

If you are referring to this: DBpedia Neural Multilingual QA - GSoC2020.

On first glance they may seem similar but if you take a closer look, you will find that this project (briefly) focuses on the aspect of NSpM that deals with handling a wide range of compositional question currently limited to English Language (complex questions)(hint: Check out the Basic Graph Patterns and other ideas in the topic description above).

Whereas the project you are referring to focuses on the multilingual aspect of Neural QA. Thus, extending the NSpM framework to couple with the multilingualism challenge as stated in the corresponding page. You may find more information about DBNQA here: https://github.com/AKSW/DBNQA.

Hi, I submitted my proposal and an email. Have you read them?

Hi Jason,

Indeed, I have gone through your proposal. Please provide us comment access, so that I can answer the questions you have asked in the doc files as comments.

Ok, i changed settings.

1 Like

Hello, My name is Mahesh Kulkarni.Currently I am in my final year of B.Tech degree from Vishwakarma Institute Of Technology, Pune , India. I have some prior experience with NLP , Deep Learning. I am finding interest in this project. I want to contribute to it. I have gone through warm up tasks.Any further helpful instructions so that I will get more clarifications about the project?
Thank you

Hi Mahesh,

Sounds, great! The description above contains all the information necessary to help you to get started. Draft a proposal with your ideas pertaining to this projects and share with us.

Thanks for quick reply, in your blog
Future aspects of this project:
Working on variable awareness :
can you elaborate this so i can get more idea?
also adding some SPARQL learning resources will be helpful for me.

Hi Mahesh,

You may checkout my proposal where I have gone in detail on this aspect (Variable awareness) in page 7. https://docs.google.com/document/d/14jEPgQyLm7L_Ll1JuCXy8zg2T39VlP70XAmh4I-NVBU/edit?usp=sharing

There are a number of resources on SPARQL in the web, your resources are just a Google search away.

@panchbhai1969
Thanks for your help.
I referred your proposal it helped me in several ways.
Started with SPARQL and Blog helped alot in terms of understanding the project.

1 Like

Hi DBpedia,

my name is Jason. I am a recent graduate with a Statistics and Computer Science bachelors degree. I have applied to several schools to pursue a Computer Science Master degree. This opportunity is helpful to me as I can put my experience on my school application. I like to study NLP and QA Systems. I have studied artificial intelligence and machine learning in my undergraduate program, and I have learned some AI and NLP algorithms. I want to learn more.

Thanks,

Jason

P.S. I have remote computing resources to run model training. This isn’t mentioned in my proposal, but it is suitable for remote model training.

Congratulations … those who are selected @baizydl…kodos to you.

@maheshkulkarni Thanks a lot.